These are just some of the comments our parents have said. . .
Following the Maths Workshop
Q. Was there anything you found particularly useful?
- Yes, but need to know at what stage my child is on
- All of it was useful but I think we could have done some more examples of each type of method
- Was very interesting to see what stages the children learn through – I now know my daughter is doing the grid method
- Seeing the different methods to help the children in division & multiplication
- It was interesting to see all the different methods that can be used, new and old ways!
- Mr Mann showing me how the modern method works
Q. How could we make the workshop better?
- Workshop according to year at school because children at different stages
- Provide small booklets for parents to take away showing the different methods of teaching as it’s different to when we were at school
- Spend some more time on each method – ‘teach us – give us some examples and answers’
- A little more time having a go at maths ourselves
- More actual activities where ‘we’ work through problems using the different methods used in school
Q. Any other comments:
- I understand the reasons behind the modern approach to maths teaching and learning but I don’t agree with it
- As Grandma found it all rather confusing, but questions were answered and explanations given
- A brilliant activity and good to get involved but we need to have another one to reinforce my learning
- Really appreciated the chance to come into school and work with my son, helping him to understand how and why we do maths
- Very good workshop to help homework to become easier
- Excellent to see different methods
- Very worthwhile coming as I learnt new ways of completing maths problems
- Good introduction – Well done!!