WANTED – NEW GOVERNORS
We are currently looking for new Parent Governors and Co-Opted Governors to join our friendly Governing Body.
Our governors come from a range of different backgrounds, skills and experience but all share a common interest of wanting the best possible education for the children in our school.
We would be delighted to hear from anyone who:-
- Is interested in children’s education and the performance of the school
- Is community spirited and would like to represent the community
- Has spare time and the energy for the role
- Is able to work well as part of a team
- Has an enquiring mind and the confidence to ask questions and debate issues that affect the school
- Can consider matters objectively and make informed judgments
These volunteer positions are open to parents / guardians or other people from our community. Parent Governors are elected by a parent election and Co-opted Governors are appointed directly by the governing body.
What is the role of the Governing Body?
- Helping to set and review the school’s strategic direction and ageing targets for improvement
- Holding the head teacher and school leaders to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure public money is well spent
What does the role offer?
- A chance to develop your own personal skills
- Access to a programme of free training in respect of education / governance matters
- A sense of achievement in helping make a difference to children reaching their potential
- The support and guidance from fellow governors
In looking to fill these vacancies we are particularly interested in applications from people with finance / budgetary experience and also people who can occasionally visit the school during the day, although, please do not be put off if you do not have these skills. What is more important is enthusiasm, interest and the willingness to learn.
If you are interested, then please complete and return an application form which can be downloaded or collected from the school office.
If you would like to discuss any aspects of the role before submitting an application, please leave your contact details with the school office and I will be more than happy to call you or meet for an informal chat.
There is no closing date for this opportunity, as we always want to have an open door to good and talented governors.
Chair of Governors
Governor Application Form June 2016.doc