Weather Update


10 December 2017

The school is assessing the weather situation at the moment. With further forecasts of more snow, we think it would be prudent for parents/ carers to make plans for a possible closure of the school tomorrow. 

The decision to close will be considered on a variety of factors including - 
1. The state of pathways, steps and slopes around the school.
2. Condition of roads and pathways in the local area. St Giles is particularly unique in the area as it is at the bottom of a hill, and the road is rarely gritted. 
3. Whether catering can be provided.
4. Can the emergency services access the site easily?
5. The weather forecast for the day.

We will keep you updated.

Thank you