Warwickshire County Council Term Dates can be found here:
Autumn term 2017
- Term starts – Monday 4th September 2017
- Half term – Monday 23rd October 2017 to Friday 27th October 2017 *
- Term ends – Friday 22nd December 2017
Spring term 2018
- Term starts – Monday 8th January 2018 *
- Half term – Monday 19th February 2018 to Friday 23rd February 2018 *
- Term ends – Thursday 29th March 2018
Summer Term 2018
- Term starts – Monday 16th April 2018
- Half term – Monday 28th May 2018 to Friday 1st June 2018 *
- Term ends – Friday 20th July 2018
Taking holiday from school during term time
It is important to talk to the Head teacher or class teacher before a decision to take leave is made.
The Education (Pupil Registration) (England) Regulations 2006 as amended by Education (Pupil Registration) (England) Regulations 2013 no longer permit Head Teachers to authorise leave for holidays;
Head Teachers may grant leave of absence in exceptional circumstances;
If the exceptional circumstances are agreed, the Head Teacher will determine the length of the absence authorised;
Parents may be breaking the law if their children take leave without permission;
School can only consider applications for leave of absence which are made by the resident parent i.e. the parent with whom the child normally resides;
Taking time off school for religious reasons
Talk to school the head teacher or class teacher when you join a school community about your family’s beliefs and their potential impact on your child’s school attendance.
Give as much notice as possible of any likely absence and the reasons for it.
Schools must treat absence as authorised when it is due to religious observance. The day must be exclusively set apart for religious observance by the religious body to which the parents belong. Where necessary, schools should seek advice from parents’ religious body about whether it has set the day apart for religious observance.