Warwickshire County Council Term Dates can be found here:
Autumn term 2018
- Term starts – Monday 3rd September 2018 *
- Half term – Monday 29th October 2018 to Friday 2nd November 2018 *
- Term ends – Friday 21st December 2018 *
Spring term 2019
- Term starts – Tuesday 8th January 2019 *
- Half term – Monday 18th February 2019 to Friday 22nd February 2019 *
- Term ends – Friday 12th April 2019 *
Summer term 2019
- Term starts – Monday 29th April 2019 *
- Half term – Monday 27th May 2019 to Friday 31st May 2019 *
- Term ends – Friday 19th July 2019 *
Taking holiday from school during term time
It is important to talk to the Head teacher or class teacher before a decision to take leave is made.
The Education (Pupil Registration) (England) Regulations 2006 as amended by Education (Pupil Registration) (England) Regulations 2013 no longer permit Head Teachers to authorise leave for holidays;
Head Teachers may grant leave of absence in exceptional circumstances;
If the exceptional circumstances are agreed, the Head Teacher will determine the length of the absence authorised;
Parents may be breaking the law if their children take leave without permission;
School can only consider applications for leave of absence which are made by the resident parent i.e. the parent with whom the child normally resides;
Taking time off school for religious reasons
Talk to school the head teacher or class teacher when you join a school community about your family’s beliefs and their potential impact on your child’s school attendance.
Give as much notice as possible of any likely absence and the reasons for it.
Schools must treat absence as authorised when it is due to religious observance. The day must be exclusively set apart for religious observance by the religious body to which the parents belong. Where necessary, schools should seek advice from parents’ religious body about whether it has set the day apart for religious observance.